Building a Winning Resume
The most important job of your resume is to get you an interview!
A resume is a marketing tool where you summarize your accomplishments, knowledge, skills and abilities as
they relate to the position you are pursuing.
Your Resume Should:
- Clearly demonstrate that you meet the qualifications that an advertisement requires.
- Make the employer interested in finding out more about you.
- Portray yourself to the employer the way you want to be seen.
Personal Benefits of Developing Your Resume:
- Reviews your past experience, skills, abilities and strengths.
- Refines your thoughts about your career objectives.
- Assists you in expressing yourself while networking and in job interviews.
- Builds self-confidence.
- Helps prepare you for the interview.